Custom Bobble Head doll Frequently Asked Questions
Custom Bobble Head Dolls FAQ's. These should help you find the additional information you require -
if you can't find the answer to your question, don't hesitate to contact us by e-mail.
- What are Custom Bobble Head Dolls made of?
- What are the photos requirements to create Custom Bobble Heads?
- Will I receive proofs of the Custom Bobble Head to ensure I'll love it?
- How big can I make my Custom Bobble Head?
- What Currency are your Custom Bobble Head prices?
- How fast can I receive my Custom Bobble Head doll?
- Am I responsible for customs duties and taxes?
- What is your Custom Bobble Head Return Policy?
- How long does it take to ship a Custom Bobble Head?
- Do you have premade Custom Bobble Head figurines?
- What Countries do you Ship to ?
- Will I be notified when my order ships?
- Do you have a printed catalog available?
- What are your Terms and Conditions?
- Stages of Proofs and are you still Not Sure?
1. What are Custom Bobble Head Dolls made of?
On Webobble.com, most bobble heads are created from polyresin. Poly-resin is a special mixture of oxylite and polystone which is also known as alabastrite. Polyresin is a stone-based material, which can be molded as needed. This material can produce great detail, such as hair texture and very fine details. Stronger then ceramic, polyresin has become a material known to bobble head aficionado as collector quality material. Each Bobble head design we make is handcrafted and hand-painted. Some of our dolls are created with a polymer clay type doll. In these, the colors are actually the clay. Most of our head to toe dolls are created in this type product. We use either type based on the type of order received.
[Return to FAQ list]
2. What are the custom bobble head doll photos requirements?
PHOTO REQUIREMENTS: We accept all type photo formats. We prefer JPG or GIF. We need 1 good clear front view photo to actually sculpt from. A profile can be sent but is not necessary. If you are performing a head to toe full custom design, you can also send us a body shot / position / pose photo for us to use as well.
We can not piece together multiple photos to capture different facial features or expressions. EX. If the photo has a person in glasses, we will sculpt the head with glasses but you must select the glasses option during check out.
HAIR ON BOBBLE HEADS:
Keep in mind, we sculpt what we see - people who have hair below the shoulders will have some difficulty bobbling. The reason is that the head must be clear and free from the body as the neck has a spring and must move freely offering the best bobble effect. If the hair is below the neck / Shoulder area, it will prevent the head from being free and offer less bobble action. We recommend sculpting hair shorter than the neck line when possible.
YES - We provide actual photo proofs of your work in progress for you to approve or even request changes.
Sculpted Head Proof - we will hand sculpt the head to resemble the primary photo you attached to the order. Keep in mind, All custom made bobble heads are not meant to be exact replicas of your faces. Our artists find distinguishing characteristics and accentuate those to create a likeness. At this time, you will be able to make any changes to the facial characteristics such as the nose, mouth, skin texture, etc. Changes are done if necessary at no charge to you. Once you approve the item we continue to the next phase. Once approved, no further changes to the face can be made without additional fees. The head will be baked to allow hair and color to be applied.
We use our cpanel system which allows you to work with the artist directly. Want the nose to be a bit smaller, no trouble, just let us know. Once you approve the head and hair, we will bake the doll. Please note, once a head is approved and baked, no further facial changes can be made. Then we will apply paint to your doll for another proof - like before, small paint changes can be made for approval as well.
Here is our Cpanel screen shot which is to approve the doll and speak with your artist
4. How big can I make my custom bobble head?
Most of the custom bobble head dolls we make are 5.25"-7.5" tall.
- Most heads are about 1.5-2 inches high.
- The body stands approximately 4.5 - 5.5 inches tall.
Each piece is custom sculpted, molded and painted according to your specifications.
Need something bigger- no trouble, we can create any size bobblehead doll up to 10 feet tall.
5. What Currency are your custom bobble head prices?
All prices are in US dollars.
6. How fast can I receive my custom bobble head doll?
Orders placed through our website will allow you to choose the delivery timeline you need to receive them in.
You can select between 6 different options from the standard of 4-6 weeks down to 2-5 days. These time lines are estimates only, please review the checkout questions when you place your order.
7. Am I responsible for customs duties and taxes?
TAX: HD Design Center will NOT charge a sales tax for sales except if delivered in the State of Florida. However, the buyer is responsible for any taxes, customs or import duties levied on the ordered package.
Customs or Import Duties : You may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once the package reaches your country. Additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. Customs policies vary widely from country to country; you should contact your local customs office for further information. Additionally, when ordering from HD Design Center, LLC you are considered the importer of record and must comply with all laws and regulations of the country in which you are receiving the goods. Please be advised that your country may add a tariff or duty to the parcel because it contains a commercial invoice. The buyer is responsible for any and all additional destination tariffs.
8. What is your Custom bobble head Return Policy?
All of HD Design Center, LLC merchandise is personalized and made to custom specifications. By placing this order and completing the checkout- I agree my order cannot be cancelled, returned or disputed in the event I am not happy with my product. While most of our clients are thrilled with their bobble head, some are not. All custom made bobble heads are not meant to be exact replicas of your faces or accessories. Our artists find distinguishing characteristics and accentuate those to create a likeness.
If you do not agree, we urge you not to complete this order. Since they are always made-to-order as a result there are No refunds and all sales are final.
9. How long does it take to ship my custom bobble head doll?
We will complete your doll based solely on the delivery time method you selected during checkout. We use FedEx, DHL, UPS for all our orders.
All items to be signed for, we cannot deliver to PO Boxes.
HD Design Center is NOT responsible for delays in shipping due to customs clearances, missed cutoff timelines, weather, natural disasters, or causes beyond the control of our shipping carriers. Saturday deliveries are not included in our shipping prices. In the event the need for a Saturday delivery arises, the buyer will bear the additional expense.
10. Do you have premade custom bobble head doll figurines?
YES! To help lower your costs, we have designed over 400 premade body selections of popular type requested dolls. On these types, we will hand sculpt the head based on your photo and attach it to the body selected.
11. What Countries do you Ship to?
WORLDWIDE! We ship products all Over the World – to well over 210 Worldwide destinations.
12. Will I be notified when my order ships?
YES! After your order has been shipped, we will send you an email shipping notice, confirming that your package has been sent to you. The email will also provide you with a Tracking Number.
13. Do you have a printed catalog available?
Unfortunately, we do not because we offer premade bobble head bodies and or full custom made dolls. All product information is online only at this time.
14. What are your Terms and Conditions?
Click on this link for more information
15. Stages of Proofs and are you Still Not Sure ?
· Sculpted Head - we will hand sculpt the head to resemble the primary photo you attached to the order. At this time, you will be able to make any changes to the facial properties, nose, mouth, skin texture, etc. Changes are done if necessary at no charge to you. Once you approve the item we continue to the next phase. Once approved, no further changes to the face can be made without additional fees. The head will be baked.
· Body Proof (if applies) - we will hand sculpt the body to resemble the order notes and or photo you attached to the order. At this time, you will be able to make any changes to the position, etc. Changes are done if necessary at no charge to you. Once you approve the item we continue to the next phase. Once approved, no further changes to the face can be made without additional fees. The body will be baked.
· Complete proof - during this stage, we will show you the finished product, during this phase and with all your previous feedback, most customers are happy and approve their doll to have it shipped. If the complexion colors need to be adjusted, we can perform that 1 time at no charge. At this stage, only the colors can be changed as your doll is completely baked and cannot be changed.
· NOTES The primary photo is used only to create the doll features. We always try our best to satisfy our customers. Also, remember, this is not meant to replace the person. It is to show a good similarity / resemblance / caricature only. We do not know the person. We can only go by your notes, feedback and the photos you provided.
· We are always happy to discuss any questions you may have with any aspect of our service. Please email us with your query on email@example.com